Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've been visiting this site since I joined back in Aug. 2014 but I didn't realize I hadn't posted an introduction. I've been riding off and on since I got my first dual sport at age 15, it was a Yamaha 175. I lived in upstate NY and would take long trail rides leading me down into Pennsylvania. I ended up moving to street bikes and currently own a Honda ST1300 and a 06' KLR I purchased last Aug.. I bought the KLR to get back to my motorcycling roots. I'm 53 now and now live in north Alabama. I hope to join some members of bama rides and other dual sport riders in the area get back into some back road and trail riding.

Bamaham

·
Registered
901 Posts
Bienvenido, Bamaham! While I'm not down south, if you're ever in the neighborhood of Utah - and it's not the middle of winter - I'd be more than happy to go for a ride!

I got my own KLR to get back to my "riding roots" after having grown up in a small town in California. I learned to ride on a 1971 Suzuki TS90, and honed my skills on a 1975 Suzuki TC185. Loved the 185!

After getting my KLR, it was like returning to an old friend!

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts

Bamaham: Welcome to our little corner of the Net, the home of the world's most dedicated KLR 650 owners.

Reading is fun, but being involved is way better! Make us your online KLR 650 source.

Share your views, spread the word and bring your friends.

We are a virtual warehouse of information. The Forum Search function a helpful tool.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your KLR. You'll be able to show it off once you have 15 forum posts behind you.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Bamaham,
It seems like 'back to our roots' of riding is an ever more common Theme Here!
Enjoy the ride and we'll enjoy the camaraderie, with you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts