Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may have seen my photos of my lime green IMS tank. The problem I"M having is the seem around one of the vent holes on the side of the tank is leaking. I have alrady talked to IMS and ordered another tank. The other problem is, its going to be a couple of weeks before i get it. The question I have is, is there anything I can use, such as some type of sealer, that I can use to help stop the leak or slow it down. I would like to continue to ride untill my other tank comes in?

Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
704 Posts
Is it like at a seam or just a pinhole or what???

If it's a pinhole, just put a screw in it. That works with plastic radiators.

If it's a seam, you might get a body shop to weld it. Full of water of course.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a seem. I thought it was a hole at first but it seems to be getting worse and when I wipe the fuel away the entire seem just seeps gas. Its a plastic after market tank. I have to be carefull what I do to it. When I send it back they need to check to see if it is defective before they refund my money. I bought a new tank before sending the old one in so I could still ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I know, I don't have the old one. I have been talking with them through emails and even asked the vender I bought the tank from if they had one in stock if they could exchange it with another from IMS and ship it out. Unfortunatly they don't. I will have to say they have been real pleasant to work with and reply quickly to my emails. Theres just nothing I can do but wait.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You may have seen my photos of my lime green IMS tank. The problem I"M having is the seem around one of the vent holes on the side of the tank is leaking. I have alrady talked to IMS and ordered another tank. The other problem is, its going to be a couple of weeks before i get it. The question I have is, is there anything I can use, such as some type of sealer, that I can use to help stop the leak or slow it down. I would like to continue to ride untill my other tank comes in?

Thanks, Ed
Bar soap, used it before on auto gas tanks, will last pretty good, but doesn't last for anything when it gets wet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts