Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any flush mounted turn signals for the KLR. I have senn DXKLR's tail light Mod and really like it. Especially putting the shorter stalked rears on the front, but would love to find some flush mounts for the back and front that are legal and still look good.

All men die, but few really live!
1996 KLR650

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
I'm not sure what you may mean by flush or where you want to mount them, but FMVSS 108 specifies that:

"...minimum horizontal separation distance (centerline of lamps) of 16 inches. Minimum edge to edge separation distance between lamp and headlamp is 4 inches..."

Tom

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Lockhart Flush Mounts. Or you can also use cab marker lights from a 1 ton or 3/4 ton truck. I lot of guys with V Stroms use the Lockharts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LOCKHART-PHILLIPS-UNIVERSAL-FLUSH-MOUNT-TURN-SIGNALS_W0QQitemZ120383821439QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090226?IMSfp=TL0902261110002r16475

The front lights are usually the ones that take all the abuse and is the reason for flush mounting. I think I would try and leave the original style on the rear, even using the mod I used for greater visual appearance to cagers and those behind you. A couple of the guys in here, switched out the guts of their turn signals with items from NAPA, and installed double fillament bulbs so they would have running lights as well as turn signals for better visability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts