Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

281 - 300 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Going from memory, not usually a good thing. Burt Monroe was the guy. (World's fastest Indian)

Did you compete on the Salt Flats during the same time frame as "The Worlds Fastest Indian"?

No pun intended, just hoping that you might have met him, and I Can't remember his name!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Thought it was high time I open up a different tab on the forum.

Pic above was the start of the ill-fated trip to Alaska (or ideally, Tuktoyuktuk). Never made it past Duluth, Minnesota.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
These Shinko 705's got shipped to a bike shop in BC, figuring I would need them on the way there or the way back from Yukon and Alaska. So, as I never made the trip, I asked the shop to sell them and donate X dollars to a charity, or just sell them and, you know, keep the profits. Not sure which way that went, but one day I will find out.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts

Always love early spring (or early winter!!) rides. I must have been messing with the bike as I see the side covers are off.

'82 GS750E was torn down for a new crank. So I thought hey, why not just take the CB125 to Shannonville ? Bell helmet and duct tape around my 30" waist. Little bike, but fun. And big bike below. Made it through the cones a few times on the O.P.P. Harley bikes. Big bike fun.

·
Premium Member
8,039 Posts
You & ymracing look a lot alike! haha.
I'll call you both, 'grizzled' old farts, cause I'm only 62. And I don't do pics!

·
Premium Member
8,039 Posts
Ya' appear to be a mere 49 years young! Same as me! :)

Actually, I'm just jealous of those other guys that can grow a beard.
My brother starts calling me 'Patches' after about week 6 of attempting to let my facial hair grow. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
You & ymracing look a lot alike! haha.
I'll call you both, 'grizzled' old farts, cause I'm only 62. And I don't do pics!

12 October 2020. A week after my left knee total replacement...sans facial hair but with my buddy Didi taking care of me. She's had a lot of work...My right knee was replaced 3 August 2020. Now...we're walking 2x a day 2 miles each walk.

·
Premium Member
8,039 Posts
Good to see & read that you have a training partner. :)

281 - 300 of 303 Posts