Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get one? I saw one on a site somewhere but they were out of them. Can't remember what they are caled but it looked like it replaced the OEM turn signal/horn button cluster.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Think most merchants call them "Afrika switches". Pretty sure I've seen them at Arrowhead and TPI. Plan to do that myself one day.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Most of the suppliers of KLR after market parts carry that part. Dual Star, Happy Trail, KLR650, and TPI usually have the part. Just make sure you call the supplier first. If one doesn't have it, go to the next one. Sometimes when you order on line they don't tell you it's on back order. Hope you find the part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just called TPI. Nobody home so I emailed to ask if the Afrika switch turns off all lights or just the head light. I already have a homemade headlight kill switch so if it only turns off power to the headlight I'll pass on it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Whitehorse Gear sells a switch that they say turns off the headlight & parking lights. It is priced at $59.95. Their toll free number is 1-800-531-1133. Hope this helps you out. Remember smile & look to the Lord.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The whitehorse switch also requires the choke/mirror relocation bracket for an additional $15.95 which brings the total to $75.90. TPI sells the switch that includes the relocation bracket for $71.58.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got it in the mail. Ordered it from TPI. Works great but I'm worried about water getting in there. I don't think I'll have any probs tho. I like the choke relocation too. Took about half hr to install everything. I'm going to rig up a brake light kill too because the switch does not kill the brake light. I'm going to take the spring off the rear foot and micro switch the front brake switch!

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Make sure you have the brake light on the roads, it would be bad to have a cage run over you because they didn't see the brake light.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I got my switch from TPI. Good service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts