Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everyone im new to this site and would like to share some pics of my new lime green IMS. I did a search but was unable to find any other pics of one. I do lurk on some other KLR related sites and found this one the other day. Now Im new to this posting pics thing, so I hope I did it right. If it shows up let me know what you think. I was a little leary about the lime green tank, I have always liked the lime green KLR's but have not seen any with the lime green tank. my KLR is an 07 and was the red one. I painted all the plastic with truck bed liner spray. I think it came out pretty good.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3320/3520358189_8d5746b313_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3551/3520358337_4795bf15e9_m.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3559/3521169430_60868e4c14_m.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did a search but was unable to find any other pics of one.
You ain't kidding about that. I have a lime green 06 and searched for days on end to find one with a lime green tank to see what it looked like. I wanted to see if it matched or not. Couldn't find any pics so I finally bought a black IMS tank. Since then I have also changed my handguard and fender to black. My bike will eventually be all black.

The green tank loofs real good.:character00268:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compliment MR Green650. I also thought about the black tank but I thought it would be to much black. It literally took be about 3 days to make up my mind on what color tank to get. Im going to be adding new handle bars with bark busters and lime green brush guards. Now Im trying to decide what windshield to get. Im kinda of embarased to admit I screwed up my stock windshield trying to cut it down a little. I have a friend who is in charge of a fab shop and he is going to make me a stainless muffler. He makes them all the time for his quads and friends, so Im waiting patiently to see what he comes up with. I tell ya it gets addicting with the mods once you start. I have to add if anyone is getting an IMS, take your time with the instal. The most frustrating part was figuring out where the brakets go. There is no instructions for them. I sat for quite a while trying to figure out how they instal, but I finaly figured it out. It looks like they wont work but you have to somewhat musle the tank in place so they work and once instaled the tank seems to be pretty solid on the bike. I do have pics of my instal if anyone in interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It took me months to finally pull the trigger on a black one. My install went pretty easy. I had the tank for months before I installed it because there are so many posts about people struggling with leaky petcocks and hard to mount brackets. My brackets just took a little bending and I had no leaks.
If you're interested in any green stuff, let me know.
I'm gonna sell all my stock green stuff. ALready sold the tank and shrouds on ebay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Green 650
Thanks for the offer to buy your green plastic, but I think it would be to much green. If the bedliner doesnt work out I think Ill just buy black plastic to replace it. I must have read some of the same post as you did because I was a little nervous purchasing my tank with some of the problems others have talked about. So far I dont have any leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts