Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i have a 2008 and the plastic and paint are in pretty good shape. But lately i have seen alot if guys use linex box liner on their bumpers and bush bars. I think it looks great and was considering stripping my bike down and getting the tank and all the plastics done. I love the flat black look. Does anyone know if Line ex box liner can go on the plastics? Plastics flex a lot but I'm not to sure the box liner will.

Any help would be great.... And we are still under 3 feet of snow so I'm getting bored. Gotta stop brain storming on this bike!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
277 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope i was thinking of line X but the stuff you speak of sounds much more appealing. The fact that i can do it myself makes it even better. Line X had to be done at a dealer. Is this stuff durable at all compared to line x?

·
Banned
277 Posts
Yes... It's not truck bed durable, but it was invented for dipping (originally was literally like a tall can of paint) tool handles to give bare handled wrenches rubberized grips and things like that.

Since the spray product was invented, suddenly there's a cult following... people doing their entire cars, Audis, BMWs, VWs... popular with the euro scene right now.

If you Google "plastidip", you'll find lots of cars people have done. Prep is important, you want your panels to be clean, and use a real paint-shop final prep product to degrease and dewax the surface for real good adherence - you'll still be able to peel off the product like a vinyl wrap if you ever get sick of it. :cool:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I broke my cowl. Painted the whole thing rattlecan Rustoleum bedliner black. Still looking good and it's been on there a while. Looks cool, too. Just don't use it on anything your clothes will rub against.

The beauty is that it takes about 1/3 of a can, so free touch ups for life. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts