Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a link for suggested modifications for a 2009 650? One that rates the importance of each mod, ie. necessary, personal choice, performance gained, etc. Thanks again for the friendly advice while I am figuring out how to navigate this site and my bike

·
Administrator
8,359 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,821 Posts
Is there a link for suggested modifications for a 2009 650? One that rates the importance of each mod, ie. necessary, personal choice, performance gained, etc. Thanks again for the friendly advice while I am figuring out how to navigate this site and my bike
Are you using the drop-down menus at the top?

When you read or skim an interesting thread, scroll clear to the absolute bottom & review "Similar Threads" or "Related Threads".

Tom, most of those souperdoo mods were proven 1st on these pages though.

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
The first one that Tom linked is the only comprehensive attempt that I've seen. The problem is that everyone is different and has different wants, needs, usage, expectations and budget.

One could easily argue that there are NO necessary mods though the upgraded balancing lever "doohickey" and the thermobob are certainly highly recommended for almost all.

For example, someone doing mostly long distance road riding might rate panniers and racks, tank bags, 16 tooth countershaft sprockets, bar risers and taller windshields as desireable mods whereas my offroad biased usage means I value NONE of those things and concern myself with protection (bars, handguards, skidplates, low profile drain plugs, etc.) and functional improvements (suspension upgrades, brake upgrades, etc.)

Cheers,
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts