Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guys I know on another forum made up an enduro challenge. Tame course but still plenty challenging enough for us old weekend warriors to get hurt on. We all had a great time! The little Kawasaki KLX300 did great!
Here's a little vid I whipped up. (it looks much better if you go to youtube and watch in in HD)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
planalp - The grind? I'd never heard of it or seen it done either, but its a cool skill to learn in case I'm ever in that situation again.

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
planalp - The grind? I'd never heard of it or seen it done either, but its a cool skill to learn in case I'm ever in that situation again.
Yeah, that would be it. Isn't that what they call it in skateboarding? I've seen people ride across, say, 2x4's on the ground, but never a round log up in the air. I'm impressed with your skill in negotiating it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea thats it on skateboards, BMX, snowboards, but never heard of it for a dirt bike.

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
It's cool that somebody made the land available and then people did what must have been quite a bit of work to turn it into a course. Well done.

·
Banned
277 Posts
That looks like a ton of fun.
I took my KLR off road for the first time a few days ago - glad I put the bars on my bike, I got stuck in a tire rut and the bike ended up on it's side lol. (pretty heavy picking it up!)
I don't think I'd do well on that course...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A lighter bike makes a HUGE difference. One guy rides a little Honda 230. If you look at my other vid with the Rideforum group you'll see him pull a huge hillclimb with the little bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts