Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of anglers on here. And I'm about to go fishing. Just curious what has been working for people.

I've been pretty sweet on the senko lately like everyone else. I usually fish it wacky rigged. Green/pumpkin seems to be the go to. I used to kill em with rapalas, but haven't been having much luck lately. The lake I usually fish is a tough place, and rubber is really the way to go.

I always take a few jigs though. ;)

I fly fish, too, but haven't been doing as much of it. I take my collapsible spinning rod and ride my bike. Gotta take the cage if I want to fly fish...or get around to building a mounted tube one of these days.

:character0053:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I caught my biggest bass on something that resembles an LV500, lavender and yellow and silver. Then I promptly lost the lure my next cast...:mad0235:

theotherbigjoe has caught hogs on spinnerbaits or texas rig craw, green pumpkin!

Hahaha...I just noticed we share his jacket. :22a: :15:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all about the green pumpkin! :35a:

Swish, I missed two of the biggest bass the day I posted that. I almost cried.

Maybe I should get a jacket like that..... ;)

·
Registered
650 Posts
It's been tough fishing lately with the cold water. Plastics do catch fish, and they are good for slow presentations. I like a good crankbait bite... hard for me to slowdown. I think I'll go hit the pond today after work.. maybe even a diffrent one I've been wanting to try..

Are you coming up to Marin to fish.. or sticking around the city?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe...Yeah, I haven't caught shit all winter which is part of the reason I was SO pissed I missed the lunkers the other day. Oh well, better days are coming.

Yeah, I fish in Marin. Actually I live in Sausalito now. Just haven't changed my info. Where do you fish?

PM me if you want to know the 'secret technique' I've been using...everyone laughs, but I catch mad fish with it. But it must remain a secret. ;)

My life is kind of chaotic now, but once things calm down maybe you want to go fishing? Swish?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yeah, Springs around the corner..
I've read about your home troubles... Our thoughts for you and your Family..

Secrets??.. I have my own Secrets.! :16a:

the last 2 were caught right here in town. In a place you'd never think 8lb bass would be. I've caught 6 out of there..
I fish most of Nor Cal, lake Sonoma is a love hate with me, Clear Lake is big Bass central, Cant fail in the Delta either.. Let this water warm and it's high times again.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man...I appreciate it. Things have been rough...thank god for my beautiful daughter and fishing. ;)

PM'd you.

Dan

·
Registered
704 Posts
Water's starting to warm here. Crankbaits are paying (FatRap, etc) for LM's.
I haven't fished freshwater in the last couple of months, but a couple of friends are doing very well. Lakes are all low, so fish are somewhat concentrated for the pre-spawn.

We're right in the middle of big trout (spotted seatrout (saltwater)) time. Most are coming on big baitfish (mullet) imitators.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I often think it is weird...been fishing my whole life. Flyfishing and chucking. Trout, bass, breem...I can't remember ever fishing in the salt.

Maybe I should broaden my horizons.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha...well put BigIron. Fishing is one of the few things that IS all good. Well, once I fell in the water when it was sub 20s in PA. That wasn't ALL good. Still pretty good, though (once the shivering subsided). :16a:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts