Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the front tire have to be straight? I am pulling a camper behind the truck and need to close the tailgate. If I turn the front wheel. Might have the space but unsure if this will screw something up or affect the stability in the bed. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
650 Posts
Can you stuff the front tire into one of the front corners of the bed?
then swing the back of the bike to get the gate to close?

As long as the handle bar straps are pulled the same tightness, you'll have no problems. If you wedge the tire into the corner of the bed, All you have to do then is keep the bike upright with the straps ( not difficult, nor do you have to winch it down tight. it's only 400 lbs.)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Does the front tire have to be straight? I am pulling a camper behind the truck and need to close the tailgate. If I turn the front wheel. Might have the space but unsure if this will screw something up or affect the stability in the bed. Any suggestions?

Got room to slide the back wheel over? The front wheel needs to braced up against something to compress the fork either straight up against the bed or jammed into a corner.

Oh yea cinch it down tight it's 400 lbs.!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a hell of a close call loding the bike to come home. Back tire spun on the top of the loading ramp and slid off the ramp and tailgate, I was slow crawling it up the ramp in 1st while I walked on the side on another ramp, well when the back tire fell off the ramp I held on for dear life ... to bad I still had hold of the throttle :( a wheelie and a few doughnuts later I had the bike under control and hit the kill switch WHEW! That was scarry. Lesson learned ... skate board tape the ramps to prevent slippage and slideage

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Non Skid Ramps

I bolted thin plywood to my aluminum ramps, and tacked down strips of roofing shingles to the plywood, rough side up.
Been on there for 5 years now and no signs of wear or coming off.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i load my klr in the back of my ranger all the time with wheels stuffed in each corner. and next time make it easy for yourself and find a hill. park the truck up to it and run the bike in that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts