Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So next summer I'm gonna bike access the us on my klr already found a bunch of stuff I'm gonna do like moab alpin loop yellow stone red wood and several more. I haven't really found anything in the south and along the east coast so if anyone got some places to have fun and camp I'd love the suggestion!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Near the blue ridge mountains is a biker campground in Fergason SC, called riders roost, cool place and bikes only down in the campground. One can take a bath in the river, and store near by to get gas and food to cook if one wants to cook.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
A MUST RIDE is the Blue Ridge Parkway. Great views but don't look to long! There's no fuel on the parkway so gas up. I'd start in Cherokee NC and go as far as you wanted to. Stop at the little store next to the Pisgah Inn (35°24'15.6"N 82°45'13.3"W). You'll meet people from all over the world there riding the parkway. I've sat there for hours listening to stories from fellow riders! The parkway is 460 some miles long. Personally, I think the best part is from Cherokee NC to Hwy 215. OH! It can get cold up top!

Also if you're in the area, ride Hwy 64 east out of Franklin NC. There's lots of waterfalls to see on 64. It's best when the leaves are off the trees and traveling east from Franklin.

The Cherohala Skyway is also a nice ride and so is the "Moonshiner 28". Fontana Dam is worth a look and a nice ride to get there. (google it).

Wayah Rd. is a nice road too along the whitewater 35°16'23.9"N 83°40'51.5"W. Personally I'd skip the "Tail Of The Dragon" but if you "must", it's here too.

Have fun, be safe.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
910 Posts
In addition to the Blue Ridge Parkway, you should include the Skyline Drive. They turn into each each other at Afton Mtn (Waynesboro), Virginia. The SD is the section of road that goes through Shennandoah National Park. You’ll have to pay a few bucks for the park pass, unless you have an annual NP pass. The SD and the part of the BRP in the Great Smoky Mountain NP are the most spectacular parts of the route.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am following along with this post hoping for some good suggestions here in the deep South. I am a recent transplant to Southern Mississippi after spending my whole life in Vegas and the mountains of Northern Utah, and while I love the weather down here, the lack of elevation changes is killing me. The state's highest peak sits at 800 ft above sea level! I know there are several good rides within a day or two from me in AL, GA, TX, and TN, but I would love to find some suggestions for places to ride (fire roads, old logging trails...) here in MS.
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but if anyone has some suggestions they may help two of us plan our future rides.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am following along with this post hoping for some good suggestions here in the deep South. I am a recent transplant to Southern Mississippi after spending my whole life in Vegas and the mountains of Northern Utah, and while I love the weather down here, the lack of elevation changes is killing me. The state's highest peak sits at 800 ft above sea level! I know there are several good rides within a day or two from me in AL, GA, TX, and TN, but I would love to find some suggestions for places to ride (fire roads, old logging trails...) here in MS.
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but if anyone has some suggestions they may help two of us plan our future rides.

Hey hijack all you want the more suggestion the more places to ride for all of us!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

Mississippi | Motorcycle Roads

1 - 7 of 7 Posts