Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I built this ramp in the yard a while back to practice going over rough terrain and eventually jumping. Up till today though I really hadn't hit it very fast and the landing was hard and uncomfortable. Some friends gave me a little courage and with prayer. Well, see for yourself. I'm not Evil Kanivle(sp?) but I'm getting some air and landing much smoother.

Thanks to HC, Dave, Mark, and the rest of the group.

·
Registered
308 Posts
NICE! I've been trying to get up the nerve to get mine to fly. I used to jump little bikes when I was young and flexible! I love your idea of learning in a gradual, controlled environment!
Bravo!
Jamie

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
If you are going to be doing much of that keep a check on your pegs. They are not the strongest pegs, and only a few threads hold them in.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daddyjoe said:
If you are going to be doing much of that keep a check on your pegs. They are not the strongest pegs, and only a few threads hold them in.
Later this winter I'm going to see if my friend who has a mig welder can secure them a little better. I have a little welder but I don't think I'll get the penetration I want. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cool pics! The KLR flies fairly well, mine doesn't seem too concerned when defying gravity unless i do something dumb, like landing to flat off a near vertical kicker fom 6-8' high. Bottomed both front and rear susp hard and used lots of body english to absorb the landing.

I was out near Flagstaff a few weeks ago and found a perfect tabletop, steep enough on either side to launch and had a cattle grate between 'em. I played on that a bit and found that i could launch with the front light, and just shut the throttle as i exit the lip, there's enough engine braking to torque the front down for a landing.

I jump everything i can when i'm out, waterbreaks, kicker shaped rocks, slanted sidewalks, i can't help it, i've been doing that since i was 5 years old on a bmx bike, it's just how i roll.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What Dadddyjoe said. I lost my left one (peg) going thru a dip. Very scary.
I had to drill & tap for a 10mm bolt.

That first pic would make a nice avatar.
John

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
josbek said:
What Dadddyjoe said. I lost my left one (peg) going thru a dip. Very scary.
I had to drill & tap for a 10mm bolt.

That first pic would make a nice avatar.
John
Thanks, however, most people recognize this one from ADV rider. :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Buildit said:
Daddyjoe said:
I don't think I'll get the penetration I want. :D

If I had a dime for everytime I said that........................ :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts