Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I took my windshield off awhile back to see if I would get "cleaner" air hitting me instead of the slightly turbulent air that I seem to get with my windshield on. It was nice for awhile, but I've decided it's a better ride with the windshield on.

Anyway, somewhere along the line I lost a bolt that holds the shield in place on the dash. I don't think my windshield is stock. I bought the bike used and the guy said it was a "hi-rise windshield." I've attached a picture of it so you can see what I'm talking about (I would have embedded it but I don't have enough posts evidently. Also, no idea why it inverted my image when I uploaded it).

Anybody know where I can pick up the appropriate hardware?

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,275 Posts
What the heck did you take that photo with? A Brownie Box coupled to an old Speed Graphic with a flux capacitor CCD?

I had to process the crap out of it to get it to stay turned over. It kept coming out upside down when I just uploaded it to flickr, though it showed right side up in your preview and in flickr. Weird.

Anyway, that's a standard metric cap screw, just kinda long. Probably twice as long as the stock screw. ACE hardware, Lowes, or Home Depot are likely candidates. Take the other one out and see if you can fetch one up.

Interesting bracket; I've never seen that one.

Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What the heck did you take that photo with? A Brownie Box coupled to an old Speed Graphic with a flux capacitor CCD?

I had to process the crap out of it to get it to stay turned over. It kept coming out upside down when I just uploaded it to flickr, though it showed right side up in your preview and in flickr. Weird.

Anyway, that's a standard metric cap screw, just kinda long. Probably twice as long as the stock screw. ACE hardware, Lowes, or Home Depot are likely candidates. Take the other one out and see if you can fetch one up.

Interesting bracket; I've never seen that one.

Tom
You're the man! I'll see if I can't find one this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts