Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Looking For Best Tires

16K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Daddyjoe 
#1 ·
I Am The Proud Owner Of 08 Klr, I Am Looking For Help In Finding The Best Off Road Tire Still Dot Approved For My Cycle. A Frien Mentioned Metzers Or Something Like That. All Info Will Be Appreciated.

Dave In Minnesota

#2 ·
Mefo 99 explorer.Check'em out at one of our sponsers at the top of the page. KLR650.com.I run these and got 11,500 out of the first set.I have run tkc's but didn't like them as well as the 99s.The 99s are great on dirt and gravel and do ok in light mud.Handle really well on the pavement also

Happy Trails
:character00201:

Mike

#4 ·
I Am The Proud Owner Of 08 Klr, I Am Looking For Help In Finding The Best Off Road Tire Still Dot Approved For My Cycle.
Dave In Minnesota
I'd say the Kenda Trackmaster 760 II. 90% offroad / 10% on and pretty durable DOT rated tire. They really hook up... I have MEFO 99's on now and they are the best "all-around tire" as KLRMike as stated above. Half worn at 4500 miles so far.

#5 ·
I Am Looking For Help In Finding The Best Off Road Tire Still Dot Approved
For off road my money goes to the Kenda Track master ($55 rear). I ran Perrelli mt 21's ($68 rear) for a while and the rear was gone in 3000 mi. After over 2500 miles I have less than 50% wear on the rear Kenda. This is with a majority of the miles on road since it is 75 miles to my off road area one way.:18:

Mt 21 was purchased on line, Kenda was purchased at discount tire store (iron pony)

#6 ·
+1 on the trackmaster. Most aggressive DOT rear that fits the KLR. The front sucks, but the rear is great. Better then the common D606.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.