Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew it was going to happen. I'm sadly on my way back to the lower 48 and have decided that I want to live in the Great North.

From an article I read in the Anchorage paper Alaska is looking for engineers, however I am having a hard time finding positions to apply for.

I would really apprecieate any ideas you guys might have on where to look. Mabye some of you that live up there can chime in.

I'm not quite sure about the North Slope, but I don't know much about it either. I will consider all options.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I have one thing to say to you, once you get up there and setteled in, KEEP the cold weather up there.:character0029:

I hope you well in the great north.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I suggest you get a subscription to a couple newspapers up there and keep your eyes open for the job of your dreams..

You'll get the paper a few days late, but you can always email your resume up there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

I'll check on monster and the other places.

I think they are going to get the natural gas pipeline going pretty soon too. That would be an interesting project to get in on.

I'm going to give the city of anchorage a call tomorrow to see if they are hiring. If they aren't maybe I'll be able to get a list of their prefered consulting companies to check out.

A friend of a friend gave me a contact with a place in Anchorage. We've emailed back and forth a few times and its looking like a good possibility. Which just goes to show that its mostly who you know. :)
Brian

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I saw that.
not a bad deal at all, and kinda close to Fairbanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I agree.

I'm honestly looking for Anchorage area, or Southeast. Although I'm trying to avoid Southeast because you ar basically trapped until a boat comes.

Brian

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:cool0012:I got an email today from a firm in Anchorage. They want to set up a phone interview this week or early next. :cool0012:

I'm not sure If I should set it up for Friday or Monday.
Either way the four hour time difference is pretty nice. When its 9am in Anchorage its 1pm in Michigan. Not much of a chance for an early morning appointment:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts