Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an opportunity to pick up a 07 KLR w/36K miles... doo hickey done, sitting for a while but starts. How much would you pay?

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Not in the market, myself (have a KLR650 (and 250)); a modest proposal: Click onto kbb.com for a loose guide on what they're selling for in your zip code area . . .

Just curious: Asking price? Or are you required to name what you would offer?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh and I just got a text, no title but will give bill of sale, suspicious...
Be afraid . . . Be VERY afraid! You can contact CHP with the VIN and License Plate numbers to verify who the owner is. Since the true owner can easily get a replacement title, it would make the person you are dealing with a bit more than just suspicious to me!

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm.

There's a saying, something about things seeming, "Too good to be true."

Can't remember exactly how it goes, but . . . a conference between you, the seller, and a knowledgeable representative of the Department of Motor Vehicles with all relevant documentation present might clarify the transaction.

Without such transparency, I wouldn't touch this one with a vaulting pole. Why would anyone market a commodity at a fraction of its value? Would you buy $ 100 bills, on sale for $ 50 each?

Better question: Would you SELL authentic $ 100 bills for $ 50 each?

Your money; your choice!

·
Registered
623 Posts
If it were local, and I was in the market to buy one, I would take a picture of the bike and it's VIN and license plate to the DMV and ask them what all is involved to put it in my name and make current. It could turn out to be a sweet deal that someone else will get.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got burned by a guy in Ventura, CA with the exact same thing. He told me he had the title but needed to get it out of storage. We drew up a bill of sale and I gave him a $200 deposit. Never heard from him again. I took him to small claims (he never showed) and ended up winning $800. Doubt I'll ever get my $$ back tho. Be warned!

·
Registered
623 Posts
No, never give money away like that. Uh, uh. Not these days. Too many out there think nothing of burning someone.

·
Registered
389 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts