Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished doing some top end work, and while buttoning everything up I over-torqued the valve cover bolt snapping the bolt inside the cam cap. I need a new used cam cap and bolt. Im having a hard time finding anything as most people will only sell the entire top end. Looking for someone with a parts bike who will be willing to sell what I need? Let me know. Happy Riding

Thanks, Austin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Pete. Looks like I have a bigger issue on my hands than I thought. Do you know where I can find another bolt.
thanks, Austin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would tighten it and feel no resistance. My heart dropped when righty righty became righty loosey 😂 things like this happen thanks for the quick responses you guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: Got it out with a fine pick and patience and now I need to find a new bolt.

question before I continue I’m at TDC and I know the timing gears SHOULD be completely level with the top but my intake gear is pointingup slightly and if I got one tooth the other way it’s down much further. Is this ok?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That you for the advice I’ll see how it goes. I’m going to get a new torque wrench before I snap anymore bolts. I’ll go through like you said and see how it goes. Thanks, Austin .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts