Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new 2015 KLR on Saturday and am having a blast driving it around and getting used to it. I think it is a great motorcycle and will serve me very well exploring Colorado. A few days ago a buss or vibration noise appeared from the plastic dash piece to the left of the Tach. I have tightened all fasteners I can find there without removing the dash and fairing all together. At certain RPMs it will buzz and if I press my finger on that piece of plastic it will stop but I have not figured a way to get it to stop completely. Anyone else experience this? Am I getting a little to anal?

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Common issue with KLR's. I don't have the new model but my 2004 does the same. I think the new model in similar in that you can put a piece of foam or weatherstripping behind the fairing some how. I seem to recall someone recently commenting about this.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My 15 did the same thing. Unrelated I removed the windshield to adjust the level of the headlight as its was way too high from the factory. Funny thing, the buzzing stopped. Then I had a rattle later on in the same area. Come to find out it was my clutch lever. I took some slack out and it was gone.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Speaking of adjusting headlights, I have yet to ride mine at night. I may need to take a look at the headlight aiming to see if it's correct.

Sorry to get off track.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Headlight focus/adjustment is supposed to be done by the selling dealership Prior to delivery to the first purchaser!
It is on the Yellow "customer copy" of the delivery sheet, did they even give you a copy??

This is how 'I know' a bike was purchased from a 'cut-throat/cut-rate' "Dealer-ship"! Adjustments Not Completed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Morning. I had the same issue with the buzz on my 2015 KLR650. The fix was to slip a 4 inch long piece of foam pipe insulation in between the windshield and the top of the dash. Works like a charm. I cant post a photo until I have 15 posts but as soon as I can, I will put one up. Have a great riding weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
My '09 too.

After making sure we have all the grommets, and bolts snugged well, it's
time to start cramming rubber objects, tubing, foam rubber balls, etc, etc
back there until it shuts up or gets tolerable. I too, run rubber between the windshield
and dash gap.

Cheap

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Good Morning. I had the same issue with the buzz on my 2015 KLR650. The fix was to slip a 4 inch long piece of foam pipe insulation in between the windshield and the top of the dash. Works like a charm. I cant post a photo until I have 15 posts but as soon as I can, I will put one up. Have a great riding weekend.
Put up a post with the link to the picture and I'll fix it so it displays.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I believe the Dealership would hope most riders resolve the rattles, buzzes and ticks themselves. The are only interested in fixing what they can charge you for.
The members of this website are only interested in helping each other. The best resource is here, with the members!
I cannot remember every little "adjustment" I have made with my KLR. All in all, it is a great bike and my favorite. But with every accessory, modification or upgrade, I seem to get another little challenge to keep the bike's integrity high. I love that part of the challenge. I can fix most without any assistance, but on those tough challenges, I turn here first!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts