Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
12,562 Posts
Welcome to the forum, RockingB.

I personally would consider 2000 miles per year as Low Mileage and 10,000-15,000 miles per year as High Mileage.

The 2014.5 KLR650 was sub-titled the "New Edition" of the 2nd Generation KLR650s.
According to Wattman, the production date on the VIN sticker of the frame must be Above JKAKLEE-----74000 to be a "New Edition" model
The 2014.5 KLR650 NE has the widened/re-contoured seat, stiffer suspension & other upgrades which you seek.

I can personally only confirm that the EMGO brand tail box, which comes with a Quick Release mounting bracket will fit behind the KLR tool kit on the existing luggage platform, with careful measuring. Remove the center platform and examine the reinforcements underneath and re-mark drill spots to accommodate.

· Premium Member
12,562 Posts
Damocles, where did you go Elk hunting on your KLR? Rifle / Hand gun / Bow, cool beans. :)

I have a Californian friend which was 'proud as punch' to have dragged his deer a 1/4 mile with his KLR, when he lived here in 2008-2010.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.