Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,280 Posts
Like Tom, I have Cycleracks on both my KLR650 and my KLR250.

They are incredibly STRONG! And, carry a lifetime warranty.

Click onto Motorcycle Accessories in Boise ID | Carrier Racks | Cycle Racks , and you will see their products.

I have the pannier set, shown below; seamlessly fit both 650 and 250 KLRs, top case expands upward to a volume greater than that of the saddle bags:

If you ever need to haul an elk quarter down from the mountain, a Cyclerack will handle the task!

· Registered
6,280 Posts
Damocles, where did you go Elk hunting on your KLR? Rifle / Hand gun / Bow, cool beans. :)
Actually, the ungulate (elk) quarter capability is in the iconic legend of CycleRacks development; the design goal of the product was to be able to handle such a load. I've never had the pleasure.

Closest I ever came was caribou hunting in Labrador; snowmobile transport; H & H .375 (I know, I know: WAY overkill!).

Did get to ride considerable miles on the Trans-Lab highway, in a "cage," in December. Looked like a real paradise for KLRistas, in WARMER weather!

· Registered
6,280 Posts
Agree with DPellitier's post above: Lucrative KLR650 vintages: From-the-beginning-of-time through the 2007 model year; then 2010 and following.

Some jewels exist, 2008/2009, but, as Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) once said, "Do you feel lucky, . . . ?"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.