4,751 Posts
I know NU-THING!!!

I got rid of my stupid XM radio, too..

Now I have Sirius..
:character00271:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I almost pulled the trigger on a referb'd Garmin 276C for the KLR. But then I got to thinking that its just one more thing for me to monkey with. I'm afraid it might take some of the adventure out of the whole thing.

Plus there are only like four roads up here anyway. :26:

Heck, I'm debating weather or not I want to put a clock on it somewhere. It is kinda cool rolling into town/camp/lodge with no idea what time it is.

Brian

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Brian,
I've been using one of these clip on clocks from Aerostich for 3 years.. I've had to replace the battery once ($3).. Good little unit..
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Clock-Clip-p-17651.html

DX,
If your Quest is even close to being under warranty, contact Garmin and get a RMA and send it back. They'll just give you a new one.

After 4 years of constant use on the bikes and for work, my Quest decided that it would work only when it wanted to.. They charged me $75 for repairs.. Of course "repairs" consisted of sending me a new one..:)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I don't know if the battery is a user serviceable item or not.. Call em and ask before biting the bullet and sending it in..

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Yep, done took the GPS apart. The battery is seated on the back half of the unit, using two wires with a two prong connector similar to the ones on sounds cards or fans inside computers. The only hard part is figuring out if the batteries are help in place with epoxy or ????? I got all the numbers, Voltage and mAh needed and matched up. Oh even got freebie MapSource V 6.13.6 downloaded with unlock code, it shows all the gravel roads here and down in TN that we have ridden such as Parsons Branch and Tathams Gap in NC.

·
Registered
206 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts