Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big difference for me! Feels totally different. Feels like I can maneuver the bike better also. I am guessing the lower profile may also be slightly more narrow. It's not as cushy obviously but it felt fine just now out for a test ride. Also allowed me to plant my foot flat on the ground at stops!

Before

After

·
Registered
51 Posts
with my 30 " inseam I benefit from a corbin seat and preload setting dialed back to 1 . I'm still not a good dapper but that's ok . I like the rear deck matching color on your bike . Cheers .

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know I would prefer the height of the lower seat, just not sure if I could give up the extra bit of comfort when I have to ride up to a couple of hours on the road to get to most of the dirt I want to ride. Love to hear how it feels comfort wise after a few longer rides. Your garage makes me jealous, I have a double garage but it has two cars and four motorbikes in it, a bit like one of those puzzles where you have to position pieces so they all fit. Can’t stand the thought of leaving any of them out side in the elements. Also have a problem in our town with kids stealing cars and to a lesser extent bikes, going for a joyride and then either dumping them in a local lake or setting fire to them.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I would prefer the height of the lower seat, just not sure if I could give up the extra bit of comfort when I have to ride up to a couple of hours on the road to get to most of the dirt I want to ride. Love to hear how it feels comfort wise after a few longer rides. Your garage makes me jealous, I have a double garage but it has two cars and four motorbikes in it, a bit like one of those puzzles where you have to position pieces so they all fit. Can’t stand the thought of leaving any of them out side in the elements. Also have a problem in our town with kids stealing cars and to a lesser extent bikes, going for a joyride and then either dumping them in a local lake or setting fire to them.
The lower profile seat is a bit less plush for sure. But it seems to be ok comfort wise. I am not sure about longer trips yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The lower profile seat is a bit less plush for sure. But it seems to be ok comfort wise. I am not sure about longer trips yet.
Would you mind sharing your height and inseam. I'm also considering the lowered seat. Does your knee feel ok against the gas tank with the lowered seat? Thanks.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would you mind sharing your height and inseam. I'm also considering the lowered seat. Does your knee feel ok against the gas tank with the lowered seat? Thanks.
28" inseam, I am 5'6"...and shrinking...lol... No one ever told me I was going to get shorter as I got older.. What the hell....:rolleyes:. My son is 14 and already 5'10.5" Lucky bugger.. Knees feel fine on gas tank

·
Registered
351 Posts
28" inseam, I am 5'6"...and shrinking...lol... No one ever told me I was going to get shorter as I got older.. What the hell....:rolleyes:. My son is 14 and already 5'10.5" Lucky bugger.. Knees feel fine on gas tank
I found out I'm 3" shorter. Fused from my pelvis to L3 17 years ago 3 more shot and knees bone on bone. Still have a 36" inseam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts