Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
do i need to lower the front also if i lower the rear at all?
We lowered Kaylrs bike ( 05 ) and found that lowering the front seemed to help the handling "slightly". I don't think it's necessary that it has to be done,but it kept the bike somewhat level

·
Registered
3 Posts
The instructions that came with my lowering links, had me lower my front end. I lowered mine with 2" lowering links and lowered forks out 1.5 ". Per instructions.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
The instructions that came with my lowering links, had me lower my front end. I lowered mine with 2" lowering links and lowered forks out 1.5 ". Per instructions.
Where did you purchase the links?

Did you check the level of the frame before and after lowering the swingarm and forks?

'07 and earlier: the top triple clamp bolt should be torqued to 14 ft lbs and the other bolts to 18 ft lbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased from Whitehorse.

I lowered mine 2 inches after carefully trying to figure out how much to lower the bike. On my 06 it lowered it about 1.5 inches even though they are 2 inch lowereing links. I can still climb the curb in front of my house so it is enough clearance. Yes, I know about the torque settings. The links came with complete instructions that were the same as the clymer manual and the Kawasaki manual.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I am the only owner I know who raised my bike. I also raised the tubes as far as they would go and cranked the rear shock to the limit.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I am the only owner I know who raised my bike. I also raised the tubes as far as they would go and cranked the rear shock to the limit.
Don't think so since the Eagle RL-1 and RL-2 are good selling links. I have tested between Stock, RL-2 and RL-1 links and the RL-1 links work best for my heavier loads. I still can not flat foot with a 32" inseam but it seems to be better with teh height increase.

The stock height of the forks is at the top of the fork tube (below the fork tube cap). I experiemented with raising the fork tubes in the triple clamps and found it to slow the steering which is not all bad. Eventually I lowered the fork tubes to the stock position following the suspension improvements. The WizardMoto Preload Adjusters made a big difference in being able to feel the road loaded or not.

I vary the shock preload per load or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts