Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what sizes of metric sockets are necessary to accomplish this task? I have the normal sizes up to 19mm but know these will not be enough. I purchased a 27, 24, & 22 MM, are their any
other oddball sizes I will need ? I would like to have them on hand before
I start.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Does anyone know what sizes of metric sockets are necessary to accomplish this task? I have the normal sizes up to 19mm but know these will not be enough. I purchased a 27, 24, & 22 MM, are their any
other oddball sizes I will need ? I would like to have them on hand before
I start.
Thanks

No you're good. Be prepared to do battle with the swing arm bolt. Usually it's corroded in the middle and hard to drive out. Spray it with penetrating oil (I like PB Blaster) at least 24 hours before. Have a good size drift punch and a big hammer at hand, you'll need 'em.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Let me know if you need a hand Jeff, depending on when you wanted to do it, I might be available. Do you have a moto jack, or are you going to block it up?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind offer, the plan is to block them up and a safety line over a rafter.
Dave and I are trying to coordinate a time. Now reading a previous post, we better flush the drain holes with penetrating oil for a day or 2 first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts