Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so no one ever asks, "why, Buildit"? As some have guessed it started off as Build it and they will come. As it turns out they lied! LOL
Anyhow, on to the good stuff. I have three bikes at the moment and hope to be down to two soon if I sell the XT 250 that I bought for a friend to learn on. He was supposed to buy it from me when he got the funds but has since decided he's too busy. I never owned a bike till 05 when I got the KLR. I had always riden others, mostly farm bikes like the 250. So when I got the KLR I thought I was going to launch like a rocket at 650cc. Well, the KLR hasn't disappointed me in too many ways since I got over the speed thing. This year was my first year really trail riding at all. My first real ride was up in the Adirondacks where I rode from Big Moose to Still water on dirt roads, then got lost and ended up outside the Adirondack park. I found my way back of course and had a ball doing it.
Since then I've hooked up with some local guys who ride single track and much more. They've been great and I have become a much better rider. I try to do at least one good ride every weekend either on the KLR or V-max. I'm always trying to explore new areas but have to make it home every night to tend to the dogs. Odd no one will come over and take care of my 100 lb doberman. LOL
So here are some photos, hope to get a chance to find some new riders for the rest of this year and next. Later... :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome Luke!

It is a shame you live so far away that is the XT is the bike I am looking for my wife to start dual sporting on!

Beautiful dog!

Elmer

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
elmo said:
Welcome Luke!

It is a shame you live so far away that is the XT is the bike I am looking for my wife to start dual sporting on!

Beautiful dog!

Elmer
Thank you and yes that is too bad. I'm trying to sell it. I had it out today marking trails for an upcoming DS ride and it did great. It's an amazing little bike but just a little small for me at 6'4", 280lbs. However, to it's credit it still get me up to 60mph (GPS) on the road and plowed up a hill like nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts