Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a major ice storm around here. Lot of tree limbs snapping off and breaking power lines. Real bad night for sure! 74,000 around here without power. Amazingly I still have power and Internet. Expecting Saturday to be our hope for starting the melt down. Crazy for sure!

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Are you hanging in there? I just read that over a Million people are without power right now, as of 5pm pacific.

MB4

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I remember those ice AND snow storms where I am originally from in Massachusetts. One May it was amusing :)mad0235: ) to have ice and snow on the ground for Mother's Day.

Stay home and bake cookies!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Man, I was just reading about it. Crazy. Wishing you the best.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far so good, still have all utilities. No serious damage from limbs considering I have two huge trees in the back yard. One is 21 feet from the house, the other is 45 feet. Plus a neighbors big tree with a huge limb hovering over my garage. Sure glad I have a 4x4 explorer sport now. Sucker goes wherever I point it without any problems.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Just got power and internet back today for me. Spent the day chain sawing some willow limbs that blocked the driveway. Our town still has no electric in a lot of spots, but out here in the burbs we got electric. The internet is still intermittent.
Oh, am located in Richmond, Ky.

My Driveway

Lane to the house
They were chainsawing at 1:30 am to clear tree limbs and trees

My Willows along my driveway

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Holy Sh*t

I am a weather junkie, and that is some awsome weather, and photos!!!

Thanks DX!!

Take care dOOd!

Mark

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Agreed. Wow. I feel cold.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The city is finally getting back to normal. This weekend was a !!!HUGE!!! help. A lot of ice was still solid as a rock on many roads and this warm up pretty much took care of everything that was left. Amazingly there are still people without power in the rural areas. Supposed to be nice through Wed. which will insure every last bit of this crap is gone. Mostly those big piles in parking lots and a lot of driveways that are left to thaw out. Got some of my yard finally cleaned up and stacked in piles. Decided to head out and get a KLR ride in for a reward for all my hard work. I sure hate cleaning up trees.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts