Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's a set of ATV tank bags out in web-land that everybody sells for about $25. I found them on Overstock.com for $16 with $3 shipping, so what's not to like? I decided to get them and figure out to do with them when they got here.

My bike has the PD Nerf Bars on it and they're just jonesin' for some wee bags:

Straight out of the box, here's what the ATV tank bags look like:

They get cut in two and the Velcro that was supposed to get stuck on the tank is going to get sewed onto the flap. The Velcro that is sewn to the bag will be moved up:

Here's the finished bag with straps added:

And installed. The strap goes down to the bottom of the bars and loops back up so that it forms a triangle:

Tom

·
Registered
603 Posts
Good job on the bags.Let us know how rhey do loaded and on the road

M

·
Administrator
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm weary and tired and sick 'o tryin'. I'm stressed and depressed and feeling repressed. (Help! Help! I'm being repressed!)

Next week I'm going on a ride-about for a week to take care of my mental health. The planned destination is Desert Creek campground in Nevada. It's the farthest, remotest thing I could find that was a couple of days away and conveniently sorta up the 395 past Bridgeport. I may get there, I may not. I may just hang around the Owens and stand in the river waving a stick.

I'm not sure when I'll be where, but when I get back I'll let you know how the little bar bags held up.

Tom

·
Registered
603 Posts
Have a good trip and take plenty o' pics.

·
Administrator
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good job on the bags.Let us know how rhey do loaded and on the road

M
Mike -

The bags held up just fine on my recent road trip.

They were a real handy place to put some expendable items. Stuff's gotta be expendable, because if you go down the bags are toast as well as anything in the bag. No place for your cell phone or your med kit.

I put my expandable water jug, maps, stove fuel, and a windbreaker on one side and a can of Tire-Flate and a quart of oil on the other side.

The Velcro held the bags in place just fine for 1,000 miles, which included about 100 miles of off-road.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts