Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week took a 3 day trip to Manitoulin Island, Ontario on my 99 KLR. Crossed on the ferry from Tobermory on the Bruce Peninsula. 2 hour ferry crossing was very nice met riders on BMW's and one fellow on a 20 year old sport bike that was on a long 2 day tour of central ontario. The ride around the island was beautiful warm weather and fall colours. There was no traffic and saw lots of wildlife such as deer, turkey vultures, sandhill cranes and lots of road kill ranging from partridge, raccoons,skunks etc. The roads are a combination of paved and gravel with lots of interesting places to go. Not alot of no tresspassing signs yet. The ferry crossing which cost me $30 one way allows quick access to northern ontario without having to deal with the toronto influenced traffic to the east. My kLR didn't miss a beat. Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
once i get my daughter to download the pics from the camera and send them it will be done. rob

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
once i get my daughter to download the pics from the camera and send them it will be done. rob
If you would, please fill out your profile as far as location and such.. It's nice to know where you're from..:16a:

Looking forward to the pics, too!!
:)

I rode through the area years ago.. I and another couple did a ride up through the Sault, across the island, and took the ferry to Tobemory, and then down to Niagara Falls and then back to home after wandering around the Adirondacks.

I remember my buddy getting seasick on the ferry, even though there wasn't any breeze or waves..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts