Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys probably remember Redbond4. His name is Mark and he and his wife Kandy are the owners of Thunder Mountain General Store http://thundermountainnc.com/ on the Robbinsville side of the Cherohala Skyway. Other than run the store, they also rent KLR's out to the public. I always try and patron them when I am in the area and have ridden with him several times since I've known him. Well, the Wed (8th) before Slaying the Dragon, Mark had a severe Asthma attack which put him in the hospital, where the doctors put him in a self-induced coma so the ventilator could get him back to normal. Well, after he came out, the doctors informed them that he can not go back to the mountains............... so here is what they are doing:

1) They are looking at the NC coast as a place to live............ if anyone out there knows of some rental property please let them know.
2) Tina, an employee for 2 years, is going to run the store until it sells. Because she doesn't have the experience to maintain and run the rental business, Mark is goint to sell the 3 KLR 650s that he has.
3) If you are interested in buying the business, go to this website....... http://www.mountainwayrealty.com/commercial-ThunderMountain.htm
4) Mark is in Sylva's Harris Regional Hospital http://www.westcare.org/contact-us/phone-numbers/harris-regional-hospital if you are interested in seeing him or talking to him by phone. You will need a code to talk or visit, so let me know and I'll PM you the info. Visiting hours are tight..... 11:00-11:30.

Since Mark will not be returning to the store, I'm going to help with selling the bikes. I'll be riding up to the store tomorrow, getting there around 2:00 and taking pics and getting info about the bikes. Say a prayer for them, will ya...............

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got an update from Kandy................ Mark is moving along faster than the Docs thought. He was able to take 6 steps today!!!! To help him with his finger dexterity, he has his laptop at the hospital. I would imagine him posting up here pretty sooooooooon.

I've got the pics of his bikes and will post them when Kandy gives me the go-ahead..............

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another update on how Mark is doing............ Due to the pneumonia, asthma, copd, etc...., his muscles in his legs and arms are down to pretty much nothing. His laptop's lid doesn't fasten, but he still has problems lifting it. He is at least able to feed himself, now.

Kandy has found a place to rent in Elizabeth City, NC (about an hour away from the coast). She also told me that before they moved to these mountains a few years ago, they lived in Hickory. There is just something in these mountains that even antibiotics and steroids can't help him.

Hopefully Mark will be able to post up soon and hear it straight from him, after he gets his dexterity back.

Kandy has given me the go-ahead to post pics/prices of the bikes. Of course, I'll post them in the Classifieds...... probably later tonight when I get a better opportunity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts