Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Funny how I first reacted when the guy tried to kick it over. My first thought was that he shouldn't have done that. Seemed cruel. Then my brain reminded me it was only a machine. Very lifelike. My dog barks at it.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
The military is already evaluating these things as "pack animals." I guess they'll either follow some marker on the back of a helmet or will follow a pre-arranged course to deliver supplies to remote outposts, etc.

The first time I saw one of these things I wondered how long it would be before they were available for people to buy and ride like horses, but it wouldn't be much fun if you had no control over it and just sat on it while it did its thing.

They're amazing and kind of creepy at the same time.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
"but it wouldn't be much fun if you had no control over it and just sat on it while it did its thing. " Much like the dude at a dude ranch out playing cowboy? :)
"Put a man astride a broken-down, brain-dead old nag and all of a sudden he thinks he's Roy Rogers."

You might want to check out other videos featuring DARPA's robotics research. It's enough to make a conspiracy theorist like myself cringe....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts