1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come one, come all.

El Paso Mexican Grill

245 S Stuart Ave.
Elkton, VA 22827
540-298-8861

11:30 AM

All bikes, all sexual orientations. Ride in, eat, yak, ride some more. Groups forming from various areas so you can join up and have your pack mentality running on WOT.

Last gathering a few weeks ago had about 30 riders, in spite of wild fires and 60 MPH winds. In the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, with departure rides into the Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains.

Need more info, ask.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meet up for NOVA riders heading to the RTE:

I-66 Exit 13 / Linden Apple House @ 8:30 AMish

Passage Creek Road, Signal Knob parking lot @ 9:15 AMish

Stanley, VA, @ the RR crossing @ 10:30ish.

The remaining journey will be a bit like Cannonball Run to get the best parking and seats. "In" responses are pushing 40 riders so far. Room for more! You muddy riders are welcome. The Sheriff's Dept. has agreed to come up and hose off riders so they are fit to come inside, and curb any competitive pan-handling.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Sure.. NOW you hold something like this.. You couldn't do it when I was there a month ago.. :(

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds awesome. I will try to make it.
twohawks just PM'd me, says he and his bride may be going by way of H'burg. You might try to hook up with him by PM. Would look forward to seeing you.

The waitresses have been pre-warned about the frugal nature of KLR riders. We may have to tip "up front". I just hope they don't collect a deposit for the forks and spoons and stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

We had a good turn out for the git-together. I counted 41 riders at one point. They all move around so quick, getting an accurate head count is really hard. While overcast and on the brisk side at the beginning, I think most made an enjoyable day of it.

KLRforum.com was well represented at the git-together, with at least four of our Brethren present.

I sure have a weak spot for those black bikes. This one is a head turner.

Another black beauty, properly tricked out.

Some how, my better shots involve a KLR.

This is the second of a series of Meet, Greet, Ride and Eat! get together's that we will have this season. Next, we cross the line into Motorcycle Disneyland, West Virginia. Don't bother bringing a clean bike. Dates and locale TBD, and I'll keep you all posted as we know more. Thank you to all who made this possible by showing up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts