Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon i want to ride Woodland to Fort Bragg via Lake Pillsbury/Mendo Pass...continuing west on numerous dirt roads. Goal is to stay off pavement.

Anybody done this or something similar? If so, any usefull beta would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Sean

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Not me but I am in if I am around.

Gotta get a pair of Michelin T63s and get a cojones adjustment.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I've done that route a few different ways. Over Sheetiron Mtn will be snow right now. Go up thru Bear Valley to Stonyford for a pit stop and the KLR will make it to Fort Bragg on one tank of gas.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes

Just returned from DV...but I'm down for this route. I'm going to start looking at some better maps, start prepping to make this happen...

On a side note...DV was spectacular beyond my wildest dreams...what a place.

If interested, I posted a rough trip report on adventurerider, and a full trip report at sacramentcrotchrockets-forums-general discussion (no need to join).

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Just returned from DV...but I'm down for this route. I'm going to start looking at some better maps, start prepping to make this happen...

On a side note...DV was spectacular beyond my wildest dreams...what a place.

If interested, I posted a rough trip report on adventurerider, and a full trip report at sacramentcrotchrockets-forums-general discussion (no need to join).
What maps do you use for planning routes?

Good to hear you had a good time in DV. What is the address for ADVrider. a good place to put the link to your ride reports is in your signature.

You are welcome to post the ride report at KLRforum.com

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maps

Nothing special, a combination of things.

California Gazetteer, FS maps, air photos. I'm close enough to the area where I can go recon it myself - which I will do.

Maps + a couple recon trips is usually enough to succeed or at least know you probably aren't going to (succeed).

So, when is this forum getting together for a KLR Rally....Knoxville-Berryessa to Geysers to 253 etc..etc...

See you all.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Nothing special, a combination of things.

California Gazetteer, FS maps, air photos. I'm close enough to the area where I can go recon it myself - which I will do.

Maps + a couple recon trips is usually enough to succeed or at least know you probably aren't going to (succeed).

So, when is this forum getting together for a KLR Rally....Knoxville-Berryessa to Geysers to 253 etc..etc...

See you all.
I am out of here until maybe the 1/26 and leave on another trip, 2/19-3/14. Whats happening between 1/26 and 2/18?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts