Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Β·
Registered
2005 KLR650
60 Posts
^ I second that.

If the Michelins were sub-$300, I'd have looked at them harder. But with a lot of people reporting 3-5k mi lifespans, I can't justify them over Shinko 804/805 which can be had for ~$200 for the set.

I ended up ordering a set of Motoz Tractionator GPS tires. May not be quite as sticky on road or as grabby off road, but are reportedly pretty solid wet or dry, on or off road, and will last a hell of a lot longer for the $300.
If I hate them, I'll keep the Michelins in mind :)

Β·
Registered
2005 KLR650
60 Posts
Let us know how those GPS work out. We're all curious πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
I'll definitely post once I get them and put a few miles on them. They're currently backordered for a couple more weeks, so I'm making do with the worn and cupped MT21s that came with the bike.

If I was using the bike purely for recreation, I wouldn't mind trading reduced mileage for increased performance. However, I commute with my bike (~44mi/day), so I factor mileage into my purchasing decision more heavily than some others might. I'll hit 3k mi in 3-4mo at that rate. $900/yr in tires, plus all the time spent changing them three times, is pretty brutal. $300 and one tire change per year sounds a lot better to me, as long as I'm comfortable with how they behave on wet pavement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts