Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the v strom will be getting new shoes this winter, and i think ive narrowed it down to either the trail attacks or pr3 trails. Ive ran trail attacks on my 08 klr and liked them, but im curious to see if anyone here has personal experience with the pr3 trails. Theyll essentially see strictly road use, so im curious as to pavement traction and life longevity. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I haven't run the 19" version, but I have run a 120/190 setup on my Connie. Matter of fact, I've run the PR3s for about 40k miles on her. It is, with no doubt in my mind, the best sport touring tire on the market, and I've run nearly everything. Longevity, the only tire that beats it is the PR2, and for me it is easily going at least 30% further than any of it's competition. The little bit the PR3 looses in tread life, it easily makes up for in wet traction, and usability at the end of tread life. The 2 gets squirrelly at the wear bars, the 3 is still pretty usable well past the tread as long as there is no standing water.

·
Registered
303 Posts
A write up I did last year: http://slightlean.blogspot.com/2011/07/sport-touring-tires.html

I haven't added my thoughts on the
Conti Motions: Utter and complete crap. Front was defective out of the box, rear put more miles and more time on a UPS truck than it did on my bike.
Shinko Verge: Not horrible, but for the price difference between it and the PR3, the PR3 is a much better deal. PR3 has much better wet traction, last more than 50% longer, gives much more feedback, more neutral profile, and has more grip in the dry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts