Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured I would start us a thread till they can get the regional forums up. Again, anyone want to ride this weekend. Its a DONSA for Ft. Campbell. Another thing... there are quite a few KLRs on Ft. Campbell. I ran into one person today at formation who had a brand new 2007 Red/ Gray KLR. So maybe another person to add to a riding crew.

The back side of Ft. Campbell is a great place to go practice riding up and down and around dirt/ gravel roads. I rode for probably 2 hrs on the back 40 just down gravel. Scared the hell out of some turkeys. I would like to try and ride up and down the fire breaks that are all over that post, but what I don't want to do is ride and find myself downrange on a Field Artillery Unit or Apache unit blasting away at some targets. I DON"T NEED TO BE A TARGET! :shock:

Anyways, good to still have a forum allowing us to communicate.

Matt

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think I heard Jon, Mike and the other Matt talk about going back to that Dry Creek area again! :lol: I'm sure some will chime in. They just couldn't get over how nice, clean and easy going the riding was over there! :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
It being a military post what paper work do you need to get on it?

Do they just let anyone on?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iyaoyas98 said:
Dry creek? Did somebody say Dry Creek? My bikes still wet, let's go :)
Does anyone have a time / day for Dry Creek?

To get to the back fourty... no passes, no paperwork. There is access via HWY 79. Just don't wonder on to any ranges. I would stay on the main gravel roads... the really off beaten paths might put you downrange from a 105mm arty round.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Daddyjoe said:
It being a military post what paper work do you need to get on it?

Do they just let anyone on?
You can't go to post-proper... but the back fourty is open to anyone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No TDP for me... I think it would be a blast. Gotta do this whole job/Army thing. Have a great time at TdP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you know if any of the other guys from .net are on this site or are going to go out and about this weekend?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Your best bet would probably be to call Mike. .net is back up and running, kinda, but still pretty screwy. I got suckered into going to the OCC show in Nashvegas this weekend. I'm gonna arm wrestle Senior ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ya'll have fun and be safe. Mike you got my number if you need anything. I got family in the area camping that would be happy to help out :) Ought to be a good DRY weekend for it :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The New 07 is no longer new...

It was a good day out at LBL. Mike was very understanding that I was a new rider and didn't move quite as fast as he probably liked or wanted to. He also helped bail me out of a few troublesome areas when my KLR decided to take a nap on my leg or in the middle of a deep puddle. I had a blast and can't wait to get back out there. Thanks again Mike. I hope everyone else had a great weekend.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey guys hope ya don't mind a So. IL'n. jummin in here. Where and when is this TDP? I might want to check it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Deerhntr, Tour De Pisgah is Oct. 20 - 22 officially. Folks will be there Thursday and Mon though. Located in Cruso, NC. Lots of threads floating around about it. TDT, the spring ride was awesome, with ~ 50 bikes showing up. The opening page of .net is a picture from TDT. C'mon down, it's a good time :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nerf Bars

So I decided to follow in Mike's footsteps and ordered my nerf bars/radiator protector from happy-trails. Should be here by Wed. I almost think my radiator say Thank You.

I think I got my bike band-aided back together from LBL and the front wheel straight. Just doesn't feel right, time to go bang the bikes around again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No real topic for this one

I hope everyone who went to TDP last weekend had a great time. I am sorry that I could not join, but work is keeping me pretty busy. I wanted to let you all know that I will be gone for a few weeks (till NOV 16th) and will not be able to ride. I went riding with Mike that one day and just didn't want ya'll to think that I am blowing you off if you call or message to ride. I would love to join you all... but I will be out of the state. Thanks again guys. Have a great three weeks.

Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts