Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike took off last sunday on a no destination trip WITHOUT ME ---dang this garden!!!!!! I just couldn't go --I have worked my butt off all summer on this big garden and it has stuff coming on right now that would go to waste if I went--I have put too much work into it for waste--so I told him to go anyway!! He called day before yesterday in Vermont somewhere--he is having a ball--said there is only 2 things he would like to have--me there and dry boots:) sometimes guys just need these kind of nomadic trips on thier own....
so I have canned 70 some jars of pizza sauce and salsa since he left and have a whole day of canning today too...
I am sure he will post a trip report when he gets back--sunday maybe:confused:

Our oldest son Ryan is coming home on Navy leave tonight for 10 days--he hasn't been home since christmas so we're gonna have a great week--I think he and I will get in a few rides--he is looking for a KLR also...I willl have to post some garden pics..... Kay

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Mike left and didn't come to visit us in Ohio! Some nerve. LOL Can't waite for the report, wonder if he rode any of the same stuff I did on my way to the Adirondacks? Glad your garden is doing so well. Mine got a little crispy. Save some of the salsa for next Spring Fling! :)

PS did you get my E-mail about Meffs bike for sale?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
got the message--Ryan will home this weekend.

Mike called this evening --he was in the upper part of PA. with his dad at a camp they are part of. He has had a ball and said he has seen some wonderful scenery---I don't expect alot of pics----but I'm sure he will have some.....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just took my 15 year old son for his permit test this friday--he passed:18:

He drove home---we live in the country with a mile long driveway so he has been driving a year or so---main highway was a little different---he did fine though---scary stuff........is she really only worth one jar of stuff???? You would miss her like crazy --especially when your jar got empty:)

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I like salsa...

Oh....you meant the sauce?:)

I like that too! Hiya, Kay!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi to you too Swish!!!!:60: Where the heck ya been??Joe must be keeping ya tied to the porch----or are you guys still in major honeymoon mode???? Miss seeing you both on here---by the way, have you been on that Blue boy any this summer?--You know-- the bike:ashamed0005: Have a great labor day weekend!! Kay

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
:60:HI Kay!

We've been doing something every single weekend...just returned from a camping trip at Lassen...beautiful out there...

We got one of these...

And we've been doing lots of this...

and that...

and although I really do enjoy the view....butt seriously.....

Feeling a bit caged lately....

The bike had some "issues" with the chain and sprockets...so sadly, we haven't been riding lots lately. However, parts are IN and......

Ummmm, dear??? Snookie Ookums......

:39:Oh Loverbooooooooooooy??
I wanna :character00201:

this weekend????

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Swish, who keeps taking pictures of the back of your head? LOL

I made it back Monday afternoon from a whirlwind 4500 mile trip through SD, MO, WY, and Steamboat, CO. I went with Jon ( Rallycarjon) from spring fling and a friend of his I met last year on the COCR ride. Had a great time, hope all is still well in WV. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
where in PA, I'm real close to the border, might be worth the ride this weekend if he's still around

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry gunny -he is home now......but we go up that way every now and then so we'll have to look you up sometime..

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hey Kay,
I hear through the local gossip you and Mike might make it up for Dave's "Fall Down" ride this month? LOL Been a while and really look forward to seeing you guys.:)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Kay,
I hear through the local gossip you and Mike might make it up for Dave's "Fall Down" ride this month? LOL Been a while and really look forward to seeing you guys.:)

Sounds like a KLR ride for sure....we may visit the area on our other bikes a week or so before( a day ride) and check the area out so we can make a weekend of it when we come for the ride..got the crash guards , skid plate, highway pegs and my new CORBIN MODULAR SEAT for my strom and I haven't had it out of the field yet!!!:mad0235: :mad0235: :mad0235: :mad0235: :mad0235: been soooooooooooooooo busy.....got green beans canning on the stove right now-had an art show yesterday and gonna work on the cellar house with Mike tommorrow!!!!! no riding for the weary!!!!!
But it sounds like a KLR ride with you guys--I would bring my KLR anyway --on the side of caution with you guys----let me see, some nice blacktop twisties gradually turning to gravel and then maybe some dirt before you finally drag me down some single track from hell ---right???? ummmmm hmmmmm I have seen those pics of Meef with the mud almost to his waist on his jeans....I know why they call you all cavemen.......buncha culvert crawlin,mud lovin, log climbers!!!!!!
SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!!:cool0012:

And tell Tom if he is coming and we get to any big logs --he can take my bike across for me....okey dokey?? Hope to see ya!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts