Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
TOBJ,
Is that the Eifel Tower in the background?? What is that thing.. It must be new, right?? :lol:

I've got to work in Fullerton in a couple weeks. Is that tower near Fullerton??

(Now I'll go slap my own hand) :lol:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paper said:
TOBJ,
Is that the Eifel Tower in the background?
No... it's a top to a trash can. Some artsy fartsy San Fran. thing..

:p

·
Registered
357 Posts
Paper said:
TOBJ,
Is that the Eifel Tower in the background?? What is that thing.. It must be new, right?? :lol:

It's a grain elevator dummy :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Rainier_Tom said:
Paper said:
TOBJ,

It's a grain elevator dummy :lol:
Corn or soybeans??

I shouldn't have to ask these questions.. :wink:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Seeings that it's in the SF bay area I doubt it's either grain or soy related. it's probably a BS elevator (not you Biker Scout) :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yeah I know... :oops: Bad choice of initials. Sometimes I actually have to read a thread more carefully to see if I'm being referenced or they are talking about real Mullarkey!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice pic Joe. Its in front of the bridge I just bought. I need to take a ride out there and see if I got a good deal on it or not. :oops: :lol: Anyway lets see some more pics.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll Try...

and get some more pics of the Golden Gate Bridge this weekend.(why do they call it golden??.. it's Primer Red.!! )
I wont be on the bike, I'll be picking my son up for the weekend in the truck.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Golden Gate refers to the narrow two peninsula entrance to the bay. Ships would pass through the "Golden Gate" in reference to that is where you disembark for your journery to the Gold Diggin's up in the foothills of the Sierra.

The actual color of the Bridge is International Orange.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is International Orange....

This is the Primer Red the Bridge is painted..

·
Registered
595 Posts
Well, you gotta consider they are using "Flat" paint that has a salt resisting agent mixed in, and anytime you paint over a dark surface, like metal without a light colored primer underneath it, the paint will show up darker.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I know this is an old thread...butt4 the record:

Golden Gate Bridge Facts - Paint
The Golden Gate Bridge's paint color is orange vermillion, also called international orange. Architect Irving Morrow selected the color because it blends with the bridge's setting
The bridge was fully painted when it was first built and then touched up for the next 27 years. In 1965, the original paint was removed because of corrosion and replaced with a inorganic zinc silicate primer and an acrylic emulsion top coat, a project that took 30 years. Today, painters touch up the paint continuously.
38 painters work on the bridge, along with 17 ironworkers who replace corroding steel and rivets.

;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
:oops:
Silly me.
Here I was thinking it was a ladder for short people to climb abord the KLR.
Sorry.
John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts