Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so apparently previous owner threaded and glued bolts in place, and one gave way, fell out and lead me to discovering this was the case with a few of them. 😡

Anyhow… I have the thread repair kit (went with HHIP over Helicoil) and I have all of the bolts still

BUT…

I’m missing this big long one (see image) and want to make sure I get the right bolt ordered first time.
Gas Auto part Nut Metal Motor vehicle

Anyone know the part number or where I can source one with Allen/hex head please?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just a side note, does your bike have oil in it?
That brake switch spring looks very odd, is that stock?
Sure does have oil in it AND on it! The stripped thread meant I lost that bolt while others didn’t seal properly AND squirted a healthy amount of synthetic all over my boots. 🤦🏽

And yes, spring is being replaced. There’s an overhaul under way up in here. 😂🤦🏽

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since that long bolt goes into the case and you'll have to remove the clutch cover and a bunch of other stuff, be sure to have new gaskets ready. Oil and filter. Radiator fluid. This is an excellent time to clean your little oil screen behind the clutch cover. Clymer's Manual. Have you ever removed and installed the clutch actuator ? Special procedure !
Spot on, already done it once, about to do it again! The first time was when I learned (on the test ride) that a some of the bolt holes were threaded, hence the oil on the clutch cover… and my boots… and my jeans … and my dignity 😂😭🤦🏽

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
3D has your stuff. Might be hard to find just 1 bolt though. The length is the tough part. Specialty hardware warehouse in L.A. ? Standard 6 x 80 allen bolt.

I have the gaskets, that exact kit from 3D but there’s no long bolt, I have some more info from this thread now so will jump on to those next steps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts