Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a front TCK 80 for my 08. I want to pair it to the rear Kenda 761What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I mix all the time. Often I use a more aggressive rear for traction in the mud with a less aggressive front for road stability.

·
Administrator
8,601 Posts
I agree with Buildit's mix 'n match - knobbie in the back and dual sport in the front.

I don't think I'd go knobbie in the front and dual sport in the back. It's one of those gut feeling things.

T

·
Registered
689 Posts
Okay, good timing.I just bought Contiental TKC "Twindoro" for front and Dunlop D606 for rear-is this a decent combo,it is my first tire change. Lastly why does the front tire say "Tubless" on the sidewall? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Lastly why does the front tire say "Tubless" on the sidewall? Thanks in advance.
The TKC is capable of being run on a mag or spoked rim. You can always run a tubeless tire on a spoked rim with a tube but a tire without the proper seating edge may leak and therefore is not approved for use on a tubeless rim without the tube.

As for the tires it sounds like a good combo but remember like the KLR, no tire does everything well. A true DS tire on the front will suffer in mud and slick conditions where a knobby will bite better allowing you to handle ruts better. But a knobby front will walk in tight corners. I find a knobby rear wears faster and makes more road noise, in corners the walking is less but increases fast with angle.
I have two front and rear rims. The rear rims sport a Kenda track master DOT tire and a non dot track master that kicks out mud faster. The fronts have a Shinko DS tire and a Perreli Scorpion Offroad tire which sports very aggressive knobs with narrow tips. The Scorpion is my tire of choice to trailer the bike to an strictly offroad ride where pavement is a non-issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts