Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
New here so this may have been asked before. I'm doing the 22 cent mod and have read that the mixture screw needs to be wound out 2.5 turns. Is a 'turn' 360 degrees or 180 degrees ? I ask as my screw will only turn 2 full 360 degree turns in total (fully in to fully out). Its a 2011 model.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Hey all,
New here so this may have been asked before. I'm doing the 22 cent mod and have read that the mixture screw needs to be wound out 2.5 turns. Is a 'turn' 360 degrees or 180 degrees ? I ask as my screw will only turn 2 full 360 degree turns in total (fully in to fully out). Its a 2011 model.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

The screw will turn all the way out, it's got a spring and a little washer on it. Maybe the threads are a bit buggered and stopping it? Bigger screwdriver!

part # 16014 in the carb diagram

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Hey all,
Thanks
A turn is 360 degrees; for a stock bike, I'd start at 1.75 turns out, after a soft bottoming (don't tighten too much, or you might distort the orifice).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And nobody likes a distorted orifice ! All sorted, it was a bit of swarf caught in the thread. Thanks guys

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you remove the plug you drilled through? I have a 2011, and the plug was a bit stubborn coming out after drilling it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I pulled the plug out. It was a piece of the swarf from the drilling that wedged itself into the thread. Plenty of wiggling and blowing cleaned it out .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cool cool... Glad to hear it wasn't something major.

So, how do ya like the mod?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's the girlfriends bike so I wouldn't know the difference as I haven't ridden it. She won't be able to ride it for a few days anyway as I'm ham fisted and broke the choke plunger. Waiting on a new Aly one from Stead. We just rode to the Overland Expo in Arizona from Rapid City and back the other day. She loves the bike apart from the 'dirt bike' seat. We've put a tall screen on it, lowered it, and put a K&N in so she should notice plenty of difference when its all back in one piece. (that is if I don't wreck anything else)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts