Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm taking my new 2016 KLR 650 on a small-ish trip (500-2,000k). I was hoping for some suggestions on things I could look at for the bike especially tires.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
The most important mod on a Gen2 are crash bars in my opinion. In addition BarkBusters to protect the levers.The bike needs the added protection to be able to be ridden away from a small tipover.
How much pavement are you going to be riding? I am running a Pirelli Scorpion Rally on the front. It is the best offroad tire capable of extended pavement I have found so far. Excellent on gravel, sand and mud. It is a full knobbie but will go 6000+miles mixed riding. On the rear I am using a Kenda K270, good traction, good affordability and will go around 4000miles of mixed riding.
Regards....justjeff

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
THAT is the joy of a KLR! You can make it into whatever you want. :D
JJ

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
That's half the cost of the bike.

In my case it was equal to the cost of the bike.......and I did it to both KLR's. ;-) However, for what I do, the alternative was an orange bike so the mod money was well spent as I now have two bikes that work very well for less than the cost of one KTM690R. .....so I'm feeling downright frugal about it! LOL

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I wouldn't worry about replying. ShanRock has not been back on since he posted the initial message.
JJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts