Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my water KLR. It is a good low water craft, an 18.5 foot tunnel hull with a 240 Lb. 35 Hydro Jet Honda on the transom. The motor is a three cylinder 50hp that produces a 35hp jet thrust.

This is one of the beautiful rainbow trout that live here. The cork handle on the rod is 15" long including the reel seat. I don't torture all the fish by laying them out for pictures. Usually I just take my fly out of the mouth and let them go but I took this ones picture.

I am a fly fisherman and catch many trout and salmon here in AK. I have been tying flies and casting them for 41 years. I write a bi monthly column for a web magazine about fishing here in Alaska. If you would like to take a look here is the link;

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/salmonid/index.html

By checking out the archive files you can find back issue articles. There are many talented fly tiers featured in this publication. By searching out my own articles you can also see trout and salmon flies that I have displayed in past issues.

Pleas post any comments about the Salmonfly Magazine to this thread if you visit it. I hope you like it.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
You're killing me, Ard. Lucky for you I'm going fishing today. ;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you catch anything?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am going fishing tomorrow morning. We will drop the shrimp and crab pot's and then run about 40 miles south for the Halibut, I gotta get the freezer full of butt we have all the salmon already smoked and canned. Nice trout Hardy

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Not a monster rainbow...

...but I did catch two bass and eat a sandwich in about an hour and a half. Then the sun dropped and it got WICKED cold. Francine had a blast stomping around the woods. AND she touched her first fish (below). I always force myself to do five final casts and then leave or I never leave, and on my first of the final five I caught a bass twice as big as the one in the pic (still a little guy). My wife didn't understand why this meant that we HAD to stay and keep fishing. (Actually, it was super cold and there was beer at home...didn't take too much convincing.) ;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan, that's a great picture!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Thanks Ard. (and Karen's iPhone)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts