Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is what I did.

1) I had a couple of strong spring clamps and they held the base to the flat rack on the KLR. (I put it so I can still get to my tool bag).

2) With the clamps holding the base I took a 15/64" drill bit and drilled four holes near the corners. I used the holes that were already in the EMGO to start the holes.

3) I used the bolts supplied with the EMGO but I put washers underneath along with some locking nuts.

It is a solid mount and is as low as possible. Nice looking too.

Scroll down for pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Is this a top box or something? Emgo's a manufacturer, not a product.. I put Emgo's in my bike everytime I change oil.. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

In this picture you are shown the base. Note all the holes in the base. You can also see where I drilled because there are bolts in those holes now. Spread the holes out to give the base better support.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

In this pic you can see that the base is just behind the tool bag. Why cover it up when you can use it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This is with the box mounted. Plenty of room for another rider and even a couple of cords to tie stuff down with.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Back of the box. Nice reflector for such an inexpensive box. Key entry. The lower red button is to release the box from the bike.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting ready to do a full review of the Packrat mounts Sunday and will be pulling these pictures off of my photobucket account.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts