Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI to those needed a shifter and not wanting to wait on shipping from other places.

I picked up my new shifter from the dealer a few weeks ago. I got am MSR unit. Part number 07-0714 and it was only $22, local and I get 10% off usually (Dual Star wants $28 ) and looks to be real nice quality. Pictured is my 2nd stocker and it broke at the welds and I got it fixed until the MSR came in. FYI, new 07's have a sifter similar to this and it's not some stamped steel POS like previous years.

Well I installed this and thought all was well. I have not been riding yet as mine is down for maintenance. Last night I was buttoning it up and out at the end the MSR is not offset enough to clear the side cover :m01 So on went the stock welded POS shifter and I will return this unit for credit I assume and order a dual star someday. Pisses me off since I just ordered from them last week now I have to pay shipping twice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the MSR shifter on my 06 KLR, and it fit just fine until a muddy dirt road threw me down! A friend torched it and bent it back somewhat ... now it barely fits, so I carry it as my spare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts