Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and a new KLR owner. I have already found some great info on here.

I am planning my first camping trip to the Mt. Magazine area next months. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good camping area. I will be tent camping and definitely want to be able to have a campfire. Water and electricity are not necessary but would be nice if there are at least outhouses. I don't really want to be in one of the large over crowded campgrounds and would like at least a little bit of privacy. I live in Fort Wort, TX but am from Montana and used to camp all over the national forest there, I don't know if that is an option in the area or not since this will be my first visit.

Thanks,
Wade McCowen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't made the trip yet, planning to go the second week of May. I have found a few National Forest campgrounds south of Boonville so I will probably camp around there. That will put me close to Mt. Magazine State Park and Ouchita National Forest so there should be some good riding close. I will be sure to report back with some pics of the trip. Can't wait!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts