Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
3,939 Posts
04’s are the best but then I may be biased. That’s quite the windshield you have on there.

Reactions: crashthewild

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
04’s are the best but then I may be biased. That’s quite the windshield you have on there.
It works really well. I am impressed with the bike all the way around. I have always wanted one. Had a couple Harleys but just they just did not have the versatility that I was looking for.

·
Administrator
9,218 Posts
What in the Wide Wide World of Water Sports goes on that trailer, and where, in the midwest, do you run whatever goes on that trailer? It looks like it is 18 feet, tongue to axle. Man, that looks like a long trailer.

BTW, that 2004 is supposed to be a chalky pink color. You should have that checked out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The trailer is 38' long to pull a 32' go fast boat. Boat sits at lake of the ozarks during the warm months. I wish I could say its mine but it isn't. As for the bike, I do have to say I am glad the color isn't pink. Its been really well taken care of. I am the 3rd owner. Apparently its been up to alaska and down to Panama according to the original owner. Its got some cool history.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
That’s quite the windshield you have on there.
I have a friend / riding buddy that recently hit the upper lip of a tall windshield with the bridge of his nose & eyebrow in a 10mph fall on dirt 2 track with his modular chin bar/face shield up. He bled a bit & will have the marks for a while.
Could have been worse if his speed was higher.

·
Premium Member
3,890 Posts
I have a friend / riding buddy that recently hit the upper lip of a tall windshield with the bridge of his nose & eyebrow in a 10mph fall on dirt 2 track with his modular chin bar/face shield up. He bled a bit & will have the marks for a while.
Could have been worse if his speed was higher.
First thing I did was remove the laminar lip aftermarket screen that was on my '01 when I bought it for that exact reason. another thing to consider is to make sure you know what your screen is made from; Polycarbonate (Lexan) is safer and Acrylic (Plexiglass) can shatter upon impact. I don't like the idea of a potential jagged edge near my throat/face in the event of a crash.

Dave

·
Administrator
9,218 Posts
The trailer is 38' long to pull a 32' go fast boat....
Sumbitch! Dat muss be fass boat. Dat da cigarette boat. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

I used to sit on the beach and watch Rocky Aoki drive his boat off of Newport Beach. I said "Someday...", which never came.
Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Naval architecture

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have gotten used to the windshield. The bike came outfitted with it, along with the pelican trunk and a pair of saddlebags. It has the doohicky done as well. I am really loving this bike so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts