2 - 4" Test plugs
1 - bottle of ABS glue
1 - Hacksaw/chopsaw or similar cutting utensil
4 - 6" hose clamps
1 - measuring tape
1 - white grease pencil
1 - file

Step 1

Use measuring tape and grease pencil to mark pipe for appropriate length (I made mine 14")

-- remember that the test plug adapters are going to add a couple inches of length to the tube on both ends --

Step 2

Cut pipe at marked location and clean up burrs from the cut end.

Step 3

Apply ABS glue to inside of test plug adapter and push on to pipe with a twisting motion until it is fully seated.

Step 4

Repeat Step 3 for other end

Step 5

Loop Hose clamps through holes on front of aftermarket aluminum skidplate and tighten them up a little bit (just enough to allow the tube to fit through the clamps)

Step 6

Hold the tube so that it sits on top of the bolts securing the front of the skidplate and tighten down the hoseclamps, alternating sides so that the tube is held level and secure.

Step 7

Clean up the mess you made, then sit back, crack a cold one, and admire the fact that you are slightly more ept than Tim the Toolman Taylor.

If you did it right, it should look something like this:

If you are still running the stock skidplate, you might have to devise another means of securing the tube.

If you have the HT pumpguard/highway pegs, you can secure the tube to that as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
TATER CANNON

That would take some good sized taters. Have you ever seen a grape fruit launcher, these things are wicked. They sure piss people off in trailer courts in the middle of the night. The cops even show up. More on that later, it's almost grape fruit season in AZ.

Bill

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: TATER CANNON

bill stanley said:
That would take some good sized taters. Have you ever seen a grape fruit launcher, these things are wicked. They sure piss people off in trailer courts in the middle of the night. The cops even show up. More on that later, it's almost grape fruit season in AZ.

Bill
ROFLMAO!!!!! Sprayin puter screen with coffee!!! :lol: I have this mental image of huge Grapefruits lobbed into a trailerpark at 2am and the horrible noise it makes bouncing off of aluminum siding.... can't breath....... gotta go catch my breath. Too much!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used to work as a marine mechanic, had a floating dock for a shop that i can beach boats and jet skis on for maintenance. One day with everything running perfectly, i was bored, and built a cannon that fired 20 0Z soda bottles. With 150PSI in the mainchamber, it'd launch a full bottle well over 1/4 mile.

I've been trying to figure out how to attach a tube to the stock plate, but nrver came up with anything simple enough to be worth it. I'm just gonna stick my tube on the good skidplate when i get it, hopefully soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have two questions. What if anything is done to make sure the ends stay in place when riding and if they are a good fit then what do you carry to remove the ends when you need tools???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rmsklr said:
I have two questions. What if anything is done to make sure the ends stay in place when riding and if they are a good fit then what do you carry to remove the ends when you need tools???
I tighten the caps down tight by hand and have had no problems. The rubber sealing ring helps to keep the cap from vibrating loose. it's a bit of a grunt to loosen them off when I need access to the tools, but no tools are necessary for doing so.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Does having a tool tube mounted in that location cause problems on log crossings?

I have been wanting to build me one but got to thinking about a few of the local trails have a log or two

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TreeMan said:
Does having a tool tube mounted in that location cause problems on log crossings?

I have been wanting to build me one but got to thinging about a few of the local trails have a log or two
couldn't tell ya; I haven't tackled any of those yet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts