Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my wife Ann on her bike this afternoon. She was very apprehensive because of her experience my KLR650 a few months back.

She only wanted to do one lap at first. That turned into about 4 laps around the Tree Farm. She then wanted to ride around the planted pines. I saw a huge grin on her face several times. But it was not any larger than mine. I was very proud of her & told her so. It felt really good with being my wing man, I mean wing woman for a change.

She only stalled it twice & did not drop the bike at all.

This was only her 2nd time operating a motorcycle. The first time was my
KLR650. She did drop it.

Maybe she will let me take some pics next time

·
Registered
226 Posts
Now that she has this mastered :character00201:, work on here between now, and next season for some of this. :character00110:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Good for her!!!:)

I would encourage her to take the motorcycle safety course.:character0029:

I learned a few things watching my wife take it. The instructor even tried to recruit me.:mad:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Treeman,

I'm very glad to hear that you finally decided to let your wife ride HER bike! :)

I know you were fine-tuning it and making sure everything was working properly before you let her ride it, so that's just fine.

Glad to hear that she is enjoying it.

I second the comment that DaddyJoe make - Think about getting her into an MSF rider course. I am very familiar with the content and what you can gain from taking a course. Might I suggest you both take it together? It would be an excellent opportunity to spend some time togethere, provide some valuable training and it would be a whole lot of fun. You will learn a lot about the safe way to ride.

So, will she be coming to TdA-III?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts