Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought an '08 with 500 miles on the clock.Aluminum cases and a few other farkles and an extended warranty made it appealing to me.Been on BMW twins for 17 years and looking forward to this do it all thumper.
Moving back to Mexico on April 1 and it'll be my only "wheels".
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heading down to Merida(Yucatan)

Welcome! MEXICO??? Talk to us..... details...

pictures.....:16a:
on April 1.I spent part of last year in Copan,Honduras and a few months in
La Paz(Baja) too.Merida is a pretty mellow place about 35 minutes from the beach and about 4 hours from Cancun via the cuota(toll road).
Leasing the house for 1 year minimum and hopefully longer-depending on when the owners retire and move down.
Plenty big with 3 br and hs internet and cable.And all the ruins you ever want to visit.
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Welcome to the forum LT...yes if you can you should do the doo and if it is going to be wet in that area, you need to do the Carb Vent T mod to keep the motor from stallin out in real wet situations. Mexico?,, I am envious...If weren't for the fact I can't speak a lick of spanish I would love to live down that area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Flying to Montgomery on Monday to get the KLR

and ride back to Ft.Lauderdale.
There's a dealer in Merida,so any parts I haven't hoarded,they SHOULD have.
Getting the "do" done this week if the parts arrive.I plan on buying filters in bulk if I don't go with the steel mesh one.
The rainy season is about the same as here but summer starts in late April and runs to August.There are some 90 degree days this week,which is early,if I remember.But cool at night.And there's a dealer in Cancun too,so if I have to FORCE myself to visit that shop,well.........
If you look at a map,it's directly west of Florida,so the climate is the same as here in south Florida.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man,try to keep up,will ya?

I'll type slow,so that should help!:18:
It's got 600 miles already and the 1st check done,so I won't really have to baby it.But I'm in no hurry to get back.Staying over in Tallahassee and doing the final 7-8 hours on Tuesday.
Red,because they don't offer black.It'll match some of my riding gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts